M S Bushan Kumar
Head Coach, GAFRAY Bengaluru
Bushan Kumar is one of the foremost coaches in India with over 25 years of coaching experience. He has trained and produced multiple champions at the International and National levels.He is an ASCA level 5 coach.
He has conducted the Karnataka Swimming Association level 1 “Learn to swim” & “Water Safety” for 8 consecutive year and ASCA level 1”Foundations of coaching” & level 2 “The stroke school”.
He was appointed Coach / Manager by the Swimming Federation of India for the Indian NAtional team for the World Shorts Course Chanmpionship held at Windsor in 2016. Bushan was also the team coach for Karnataka for multiple events between 1995 to 2012. He was the Coach for the Women’s team for Maharashtra at the 70th Glenmark Senior NAtional Championships held at Ranchi in September 2016.
Bushan has managed at the Nettakallappa Swim Center for 675 registered Swimmers of all Age Group and Senior swimmers with team of 12 Coaches and supporting staff
- American Swimming Coaches Association – Level 5 Certification – 2009
- American Swimming Coaches Association- Nutrition for Swimmers – 2012
- American Swimming Coaches Association – Dry land training – 2012
- American Swimming Coaches Association – Age Group Sports Psychology-2012
- Karnataka Swimming Association – Technical Official Course
- Karnataka Swimming Association Level 1 – “Learn to Swim” and “Water Safety” certification – 1991
- St. Johns – First Aid and CPR
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Nominated as “State Coach” from Karnataka Swimming Association for Sub-Junior, Junior, Senior and National Games – 1996 to 2012
- “Best Coach of the year” award – 2009-10 from Basavanagudi Aquatic Center
- Conduced Swimming Training Camp 2007 for Gujrat swimming team for 3 weeks on invitation from Gujrat Swimming Association
- Conducted Swimming Training Camp 1999 for Deccan Gymkhana Pune on invitation from Deccan Swimming Promotion Academy
A fantastic water polo player in his youth Bushan has been a master swimmer and won medals at state and national level and successfully completed the 3km open water at the FINA world masters at Sweden (Gotenborg) in the year 2010